Focus star detection dispay

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
chongo228

Focus star detection dispay

Post by chongo228 »

I think moving the star count to a field that is always displayed during auto-focus would help highlight the importance of star count to new users. Currently it's hidden in the third tab in the bottom left. I also think having it color coded would take out some of the guess work. Maybe 0-25 stars would be in red, 25-75 would be yellow, and 75 or more could be in green.

Hope that helps.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Focus star detection dispay

Post by admin »

Hi,

you are quite right... In fact you are so right that this is already done in SharpCap 4.0 (not the colour bit though)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.31 KiB) Viewed 630 times
:)

Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

Awesome job, I guess I need to turn off the sequencer more often so I stay current with how the tools work manually.
Filipe Dias

Post by Filipe Dias »

Could I add a request for audio feedback on focus quality? ...and Bahtinov mask focusing method? :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Bahtinov mask is already done - it's in the list of focus tools.

Did you try the audio feedback for polar alignment in v4.0? If that works for you and is useful then it might be possible to transfer it to work in the focus system too.

cheers,

Robin