ROI Selection

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
DrAstro

ROI Selection

Post by DrAstro »

I was testing some SharpCap features using a Celestron NexImage 5 camera.
I usually start at maximum resolution of the camera to acquire an object then lower the resolution till I get a size that is in my sweet spot. This usually involves centering the object before changing the resolution. Unfortunately, the software doesn't center the new resolution setting over the older resolution, but appears to align on the upper left corner of the previous resolution. This causes the work that I did to center the object to be lost.

I would like to see a feature (a check box that says something like "Center Resolution changes") that, when checked, would center a new resolution (bigger or smaller) over the extents of the previous resolution. This would keep the object I selected in the same relative position when the resolution is changed.
admin
Site Admin

Re: ROI Selection

Post by admin »

Hi,

this feature has been added to SharpCap 4.0 beta - see : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... s/4-0-beta

Basically, the center point of the new resolution should be the center point of the old one when you change resolution.

cheers,

Robin