Filename template {Time}/{DateTime} format for UTC without `Z'

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Kai Getrost

Filename template {Time}/{DateTime} format for UTC without `Z'

Post by Kai Getrost »

In File -> SharpCap Settings -> Filenames -> Edit Filename Templates Manually, one can give the `:Z' or :SZ' formats to the {Date} tag to print in UTC or sortable (year-month-day) UTC format -- and neither print `Z' in the path (which is fine -- one can easily add it literally). But using `:Z' or `:SZ' for the {Time} and {DateTime} tags does print a `Z' -- and there is no way I see not to print it (but still print in UTC), short of printing in local time and changing the OS timezone to UTC, which I do not want to do.

I'd like to request a format for {Time} and {DateTime} to print in UTC without printing a `Z' in the file path. In an ideal world we could just change the meaning of `:Z' and `:SZ' for {Time} and {DateTime} to be consistent with their existing meanings for {Date} -- i.e. do not print `Z'. But that would mean folks who do want the `Z' would have to update their settings at software update (to add the literal `Z') -- which I'm happy to do personally, but I'm not sure that others would like the surprise. So my second choice instead would be a new format code for {Time} and {DateTime} to mean "UTC without printing `Z'", if preserving folks' existing template behaviors is preferred.

Thanks for considering this!

-Kai
admin
Site Admin

Re: Filename template {Time}/{DateTime} format for UTC without `Z'

Post by admin »

Hi,

yep, that's easy I think - how about 'U' as an alternative for 'Z' on times - Z adds the trailing Z and U doesn't

Robin
Kai Getrost

Re: Filename template {Time}/{DateTime} format for UTC without `Z'

Post by Kai Getrost »

... how about 'U' as an alternative for 'Z' on times - Z adds the trailing Z and U doesn't
That works, thanks. For completeness, I'd suggest supporting that for all the date/time tags -- e.g. {Date} and {DateTime} as well -- and adding support for `SZ' to {Time} -- it's not strictly needed there of course, but that would make all of `Z', `SZ', and `U' available on all date/time tags, for consistency and one less thing to remember (i.e. which tags support which of those formats).

-Kai