Manual option in Polar Alignment

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Astro-Stan

Manual option in Polar Alignment

Post by Astro-Stan »

I was using SharpCap about a week ago, during the full moon. Humidity was high as well. The sky was somewhat milky in appearance. During Polar Align, I could see about 15 stars on the screen, but the software had trouble finding anything. Changing threshold did not help much. If there was an option to click on stars to supplement what SharpCap was finding it would improve the whole process. The clicked area would then be examined by the software with the assumption there is a star there. The process would be similar to clicking on stars during registration.
After an hour the sky became somewhat darker and I could align the scope.
This is a very useful feature and it can be improved to work during a low contrast situation (full moon, high humidity).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Manual option in Polar Alignment

Post by admin »

Hi,

can I ask you to take a snapshot image of the stars if you have the same problem again and then share that image with me - My preferred fix for this would be to make the star detection in SharpCap better so that it just works (and doesn't need manual help). The more problem images I get, the better I can make this.

thanks,

Robin