Removal of 'Featuring Tracking' info on image plot

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
garyhawkins

Removal of 'Featuring Tracking' info on image plot

Post by garyhawkins »

Hi Robin,

The 'Feature Tracking' seems to be working well. I've been using it to image the Moon and getting great results. Would it be possible to remove the graphic information placed on the main image associated with the tracking? I don't want to broadcast this during a live stream.

On a related topic, I'll be streaming the upcoming eclipse of the Moon in May. Any thoughts on how either the featuring or centroid tracking will react when the Moon goes into eclipse. With my current optical setup, I have little room for error as the Moon is only slightly smaller than my FOV.

Best regards,

Gary
admin
Site Admin

Re: Removal of 'Featuring Tracking' info on image plot

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,

good idea to have an option on not showing the tracking circles - I must admit that I always found it a bit of a struggle keeping it working, so the tracking circles were vital (so it's good to hear that it works nicely for you).

On the eclipse, I suspect that the feature tracking may stop working as the image dims. Centroid tracking should not stop working but will put the moon off center if one side is brighter than the other. If you can arrange for the shadow to go through the image horizontally you may get away with it.

Robin
garyhawkins

Post by garyhawkins »

For the Moon, I find centroid tracking is working better than feature tracking. I've yet to test tracking on planets.

Having the ability to select whether the additional information is displayed would be great. That way I can put out clean live stream pictures.

Thanks for your thoughts on what will happen in an eclipse. We planning to stream the upcoming May 26th eclipse.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,

I just added the option to hide the feature tracking circles – that will be in the next update to SharpCap 4. It occurred to me that you can test what might happen with feature tracking during an eclipse by gradually turning down the camera exposure to darken the image when tracking the moon normally.

Cheers, Robin
garyhawkins

Post by garyhawkins »

Hi Robin,

Good thought, but the challenge is to simulate how the eclipse starts from one side of the Moon and sweeps across the face.

Gary
garyhawkins

Post by garyhawkins »

Hi Robin,

We did a test run imaging the moon several evenings ago in preparation for the upcoming eclipse. I engaged the featuring tracking function and saw the tracking markers on the image. I could not find a way to deselect these. Did I miss a checkbox somewhere?

Best regards,

Gary
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,

removing the feature tracking markers is a SharpCap 4.0 enhancement – you can download and run the latest beta of SharpCap 4.0 from here https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... s/4-0-beta

Cheers, Robin
garyhawkins

Post by garyhawkins »

Hi Robin,

I was running the latest V4 Beta version of Sharpcap. I'll check the settings again.

Best regards, Gary
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,

you need to un-tick the 'Highlight Features' checkbox in the tracking section.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (44.01 KiB) Viewed 631 times
Cheers, Robin