Show Polar Alignment bigger

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Cepheus0815

Show Polar Alignment bigger

Post by Cepheus0815 »

Hi,

The polar alignment tool is really great. But it is hard to read, if your Laptop is 2 m away from the telescope, while you adjusting the axis of the mount. It would be great to have the following feature:
When I am in the mode, where I need to change RA and DEC manually, I would like to have the screen splitted in three sections and showing: 1.) how good is my alignment (arcseconds error and fair, good, ...) in really big letters, literally using the third of the screen, 2.) how much do I need to go left/right and up/down, again in hudge letters and 3.) the arrow between where I am and where I need to go, but only just the arrow and the two points, not the whole image of the camera. Only the arrow is of interest. If SharpCap switches to another two dots, then they should be in this third window, nothing else. The rest of the image brings no value to me.

I hope I described it good enough. If you have questions, please ask. I guess this feature is easy to develop, as all the information is already there, it is just a different representation.

Thanks, Rainer
admin
Site Admin

Re: Show Polar Alignment bigger

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the detailed suggestion - I'm not sure that it will be possible to do it quite like that, but I hear the message of 'make it bigger' loud and clear.

cheers,

Robin

PS. SharpCap 3.3 has an audible feedback option (higher pitch beeps as you get closer)
Cepheus0815

Post by Cepheus0815 »

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers, Rainer
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin Can I add another vote for larger adjustment numbers as my setup is fixed but but I have a wall between me and the monitors with a small window but with my glasses on still have to climb down off the platform go look at the screen and come back and by then usually forgotten which way I am going :D anyway.

Cheers
Nick
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

Are you aware of the Windows Magnifier ? Press '+' while holding the Windows key.
I have a 6" laptop and use it a lot.

Steve
szymon

Post by szymon »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:50 pm PS. SharpCap 3.3 has an audible feedback option (higher pitch beeps as you get closer)
Awesome. I love the PA routine, but have thought a couple of times that it would be neat to have audible feedback like a car parking sensor :-)
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Cheers Steve,
I did know about it just never gave it a thought will do so next time.

Cheers
Nick
Filipe Dias

Post by Filipe Dias »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:50 pm PS. SharpCap 3.3 has an audible feedback option (higher pitch beeps as you get closer)
I was going to suggest this also for focusing!.. I will try the Beta!