Zoom Feature

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
astrnmr

Zoom Feature

Post by astrnmr »

Can you add a magnifying zoom option? Would be nice to have something that allows you to zoom a small area or look around the image. Just create a simple box that can be defined as X percent pixel zoom.
HeartOfTexas

Re: Zoom Feature

Post by HeartOfTexas »

Along these lines I would like to see a more customizable zoom setting. With my Lodestar cam at 100% the image is kind of small but at 150% some of the image gets cut off on my laptop screen. It would be nice to be able to pick something in between.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you spot the 'auto' zoom level which fits the image to the available space? Does that not meet your needs?

cheers,

Robin
HeartOfTexas

Post by HeartOfTexas »

I just tried auto zoom with the camera simulator and it appears to max out at 100%. So if I want to go bigger I still have to pick from the presets.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, yes, that's correct - I guess you must either be running a fairly low res camera or a very high res monitor!

More zoom options are actually pretty easy, so I will put this on the todo list.

cheers,

Robin
HeartOfTexas

Post by HeartOfTexas »

admin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:12 pm Ah, yes, that's correct - I guess you must either be running a fairly low res camera or a very high res monitor!

More zoom options are actually pretty easy, so I will put this on the todo list.

cheers,

Robin
Thanks!
robrj

Post by robrj »

I'd like to see a zoom like Starlight Live has. With Starlight Live, you can use the mouse to select a square, which then gets zoomed. A right click with the mouse restores it to the normal view. It's very handy and quick for focusing with a Bahtinov mask as you can just click around the star you're interested in. Another option would be using the mouse wheel to zoom in to whatever the mouse pointer is pointing at.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can already zoom with CTRL+mouse wheel (this is fairly standard for zooming windows applications). I don't think it centers on your current mouse position though when doing this.

cheers,

Robin