Histogram showing saturated pixels more clearly

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Rab722

Histogram showing saturated pixels more clearly

Post by Rab722 »

I wonder if the horizontal scale on the histogram where the 100% saturated pixels are shown could be moved to the left to be able to better see how many are there. Plus maybe a quantity or % of pixels of R G and B are in saturation displayed. I would like to check this when setting gain and exposure. Or is this info already there in some other form.

Rick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Histogram showing saturated pixels more clearly

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here, maybe a screenshot with a highlight indicating the bits that you think should be moved would be helpful. If it's related to the number of pixels with a particular brightness on the main histogram then I wondered if you are aware that you can hover your mouse over any point on the histogram and it will show the information on the brightness and number of pixels corresponding to the mouse position next to the mouse cursor.

Cheers, Robin
Rab722

Post by Rab722 »

Ok I will try the mouse hover.
Rab722

Post by Rab722 »

How about a number that shows the percentage of pixels in saturation. Maybe a stats window to show some numbers from the last capture.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, that could go nicely alongside the mean/standard deviation stats. Thanks for the idea.

cheers,

Robin