Advanced Spiral

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
SteveInNZ

Advanced Spiral

Post by SteveInNZ »

Would it be possible to enhance the functionality of the spiral search ?

Plate solving is fine for DSO's, star fields, etc but falls down for finding planets where you are likely to be imaging with a small sensor at long focal lengths.
A few things come to mind.
1) How is the step size of the spiral defined ? Would it be possible to specify it so that each step is a frame width ? Currently, I suspect that it is quite a bit larger than the FoV and we completely miss seeing the object go past.

2) It would be really helpful if you could "wind back" a search at a slower speed. At the moment you set a low speed and it takes forever or you set a high speed and see the planet see the object zoom past. It would be great if you could stop the search when you see the object and go back along the same path to get back to where the object was seen.

Steve.
chongo228

Re: Advanced Spiral

Post by chongo228 »

Those are good ideas....I really like the rewind button idea. I 2nd this suggestion.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions – in particular the rewind idea has the two advantages of (a) sounding like it will work nicely and (b) being moderately easy to implement :)

Onto the to-do list it goes… (Unfortunately it's a long list at the moment though!)

Cheers, Robin
remyastro

Post by remyastro »

Big +1 for spiral rewind!

Remyastro