SharpCap ROI Positioning Centered on Last Res Change

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
philinbris

SharpCap ROI Positioning Centered on Last Res Change

Post by philinbris »

Hi,
I started a thread on this over at Cloudy Nights here: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/7308 ... sitioning/
Basically this is my first post:

I was doing some captures with my camera that supports ROI (SV305) tonight.
What I like to do is start out at full res and get the image centered and focused, then use ROI to get down to the smallest image possible. Then capture to get high frame rate etc.
Anyway, every time I select a new lower resolution, the ROI rectangle goes to the top left. So I have to reposition the ROI rectangle after every resolution change.
What would be great is if the new ROI would position centered around where the last ROI rectangle at the higher resolution was.

And further refined example in a later post:
Still - for me its not about centering the ROI in the frame, its about centering the ROI relative to the last ROI position.
So if you start at 1920x1080 and the image of say Jupiter is middle but a bit to the left, then you select 800x800 and center that to Jupiter, then when you change to perhaps 320x320 the new ROI is centered on the last IE middle left not dead center or top left as it does for me.

Would this be possible?

Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap ROI Positioning Centered on Last Res Change

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, that's a good suggestion - thank you. If I can work out a way to make a single set of changes to the code make this happen for all cameras then I will definitely try to implement it in the future.

Cheers, Robin
philinbris

Re: SharpCap ROI Positioning Centered on Last Res Change

Post by philinbris »

Thanks Robin.
Looking forward to hopefully seeing it implemented.
Cheers
Phil