Save additional information in the Camera Settings File

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
timh

Save additional information in the Camera Settings File

Post by timh »

Hi Robin,

The camera settings file that is saved alongside the stacked FIT files from livestack is a very useful a record.

It could perhaps be made even more useful if it could also include the livestack settings? For example - Sigma stacking or not, Brightness and FWHM filter settings (the latter normally being set at a value just above the typical FWHM frame values and therefore an approximate record of that night's seeing) and the PDH2 settings - whether or not guiding and dithering were applied and how with which settings- whether or not enhancements were applied and which etc. Maybe actually a separate 'livestack settings file' would be a better idea than just appending the data to the camera settings file to provide a more complete picture of the stacks saved from Livestacking?

I ask because in the heat of battle I usually forget to record everything at the time and then, afterwards, get a bit vague about exactly what the settings were and then it gets harder to compare different ways of doing things and diagnosing any problems.

best wishes
Tim
admin
Site Admin

Re: Save additional information in the Camera Settings File

Post by admin »

Hi Tim,

yes that's a good suggestion – I wonder if a separate file might be a good idea that contained the live stack settings. Doing it that way might allow for us to have a way to save and reload live stacking settings in the future.

Cheers, Robin