Live Stack with Planetary images

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Ian

Live Stack with Planetary images

Post by Ian »

This is a post I just put in the dormant "live stack with Planetary images" thread (last post before mine was Aug 2018 so I hope this is ok to re-post here, it seems like EAA users would really appreciate this feature.

Understood that live stack with planetary images for EAA is a technical hurdle. We should note also that pc power has increased massively with AMD 12core now around $500 and then next generation cpus coming soon. Unthinkable only a couple years ago!

Researching this issue, I came across a two year old post by geminijk in CN forum, so would be interested in what you think.

The very interesting thing is a long time ago, using a Meade DSI II color camera and Meads Envisage, all I had to do was draw the alignment box around Jupiter, and get a stacked, aligned and thus sharpened image in a few seconds. No it wasn't like doing a full stack for AS!2 or Registax, but still darn good for getting a MUCH improved image. If the Meade Envisage could do that then (8ish years ago), why can't Sharpcap have similar capabilities added?

Also, when I used to use mallincam's and the Miloslic software, there was a limited stacking feature available for planets, it is called "video stacking"

All the best
Ian
Shambhala Observatory