File capture folders and Capture Profiles

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Real14

File capture folders and Capture Profiles

Post by Real14 »

Hi,

I would suggest as in the same way you save certain settings for different capture profiles you include the File names as well as the chosen folders.

I am working with 2 different cameras imagon Sun and Moon in different set ups like Herschel Wedge, White Light filter and then Moon settings.

As I have so many different settings I ahve always to go into Sharpcap settings and choose the different folders into which I save and that creates from time to time a mess as this happened to me today. Yesterday nicght I was imagin the Moon Eclipse and today in the morning the Sun in two different mode ... Did not find my videos or images ever again ...

Also saving the different settings in Filenames would be good.

Thanks You Rainer
regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
22° North 101° West
admin
Site Admin

Re: File capture folders and Capture Profiles

Post by admin »

Hi,

the capture settings files should always end up in the same folder as the captured images or video, so there would be no advantage in saving the file names in the capture settings file as you will have already found the images/video in the same folder.

Having said that, there were some issues in SharpCap 3.2 where the files could become separated and the file naming could go wrong – if you haven't updated to the very latest version from the download page then please do to get a version that fixes those problems.

Any missing files should definitely be somewhere inside the main SharpCap captures folder. I would suggest using the find files functionality in Windows Explorer to search for files of the right file type and then sort by date to try to find the missing files.

Hope this helps, Robin