Shortcut keys for moving mount

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
lwool

Shortcut keys for moving mount

Post by lwool »

I would like to use a keyboard emulator to pan around the sky or pan across the moon, would need shortcut keys for up, down, left and right to move the mount. Thanks for all your hard work on this product, it's great!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Shortcut keys for moving mount

Post by admin »

Hi,

A nice idea. Not quite sure what keys to use – the arrow keys are already used to the keyboard navigation around the UI if you are not using a mouse. I wonder if the direction keys that are frequently used in games - W/S A/D might be a good idea, but am open to other suggestions.

Cheers, Robin
clouzot

Post by clouzot »

One could even think of a gamepad option for slewing (similar to what CPWI does with Celestron mounts, or what you can do with EQMOD AscomPad)
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

+ 1
There are apps/programs that make use of the NUM-keyboard part (if available) for movement. There are already little arrows on the keys just for that.
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Hi all,

Suggest for using arrow keys with modifier such as "Alt" or "Ctrl"

-Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think the number pad keys are probably the best bet – they have a logical layout and they haven't got too much possibility of being used for other things like the arrow keys have.

Thanks for the suggestions :-)

Cheers, Robin
clouzot

Post by clouzot »

Robin, just to mention that some keyboards don't have a numpad, especially on laptops ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good point – in fact the keyboard use doesn't have a numeric keypad, but then I use a weird split format ergonomic keyboard.

Maybe I can make the arrow keys work, but only if you have clicked on the mount control first make sure that it gets the keypresses.

Cheers, Robin