occulation

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
John Whitehead

Re: occulation

Post by John Whitehead »

Brian,
Well as for the Gstar EX the camera itself died no output from it.
I'll have to dig it out and see if I'm able to coax it back into any sign of life. Gee you know we are possibly lokking ten years back but I think I know where to look for it. We'll see.
Yes there is a solar filter placed over the front of the scope. I have a gray one that gives a white image as well as a yellow one that gives a yellow image would you believe.

As for a photo, Time is the problem its so far back in time. But I'll try.
Yes your description of the thin strip in the eyepiece is what I made to look at Sirius with.
Unfortunately I have not been able to do it with a camera.
As for that Gstar camera that is what it went under in Australia. But there are many names from other parts of the world.
I'll see if I can get a photo of it.

John.
John Whitehead

Re: occultation

Post by John Whitehead »

Hi agn Brian,

Yes, yes, that link SKY WEATHER was very close to what I have in my modified eyepiece. It is doing very much what I am after.
If I could get that effect in a camera it would solve the problem.

I have turned up a short extension tube for between filter wheel and the scope focuser. I intend placing a occultation strip in this tube to see if I can
do the same as I can with my modified eyepiece. But I don't think I will get the controllability that the inbuilt occultation in the Gstar camera has.
As far as having it working with a camera. If it was possible to reverse the ROI,. Have the centre, dead area. The surrounding, active, I think we would
have it.

John.