Multi config, command line and platesolving

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
SteveInNZ

Multi config, command line and platesolving

Post by SteveInNZ »

Would it be possible to add the ability to save configurations and include FoV information that could be passed to the plate solver ?
Could such configurations be selected by a command line switch ?

The reason is that I have several setups, some that have several, quite different field of views. At home I have a C11 that has a wide finder scope with a 8x11 degree FoV. The main scope may be configured with a Hyperstar, OSC with a 2x1 degree FoV or as a SCT with a 0.2 x 0.1 FoV mono with filter wheel.
When I go to my dark site, I may use the same wide finder and a DSLR with a 5x3 degree FoV.

It would be very useful to have multiple shortcuts on my desktop and launch the appropriate setups as required.

Steve.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Multi config, command line and platesolving

Post by admin »

Hi,

One of the things I'm considering SharpCap 3.3 is the ability to have completely different SharpCap setups on the same computer – basically a commandline switch would let you run SharpCap in configuration 2 or configurations 3 - all of which could have completely separate settings for all SharpCap options. Once that's working then the idea of having an option in the plates solving settings to hint at the field of view doesn't sound too far-fetched.

Cheers, Robin
SteveInNZ

Re: Multi config, command line and platesolving

Post by SteveInNZ »

Thanks.
That would get rid of the "No filter wheel found" when I'm using one of the other cameras too.

Steve.