Live Stack

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
rpiacenti

Live Stack

Post by rpiacenti »

I am using Live Stack Feature a lot in last month and I enjoy very much. There are only one thing that I think that facilitate the process for the user, I like to save as viewed image, for example, the staked viewd image every 10 minutes or every X frames, for restack on DSS software and I get bettter result in final image, but don't have a option to set theses parameters, thus I have to watch all the process util finishing, and it is a very hard. If you can implemente a exposure time interval do save ou number of frame to save this will be automate the process and make the user live happy. This facility will possibility the automation of process. Thanks for your attention.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live Stack

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you are re-stacking afterwards in DSS then maybe you should consider ticking the 'Save Raw Frames' check box in the live stacking - this saves every frame captured and you can then re-stack all of them in DSS which will probably give a better result than stacking the already processed SharpCap saved stacks (processing too many times is generally not good for final quality).

cheers,

Robin
Pablo García

Re: Live Stack

Post by Pablo García »

I think this is a good and easy idea, because while you are using Live Stack you can see the approx final image with short exposures(and without problems on guiding) , but a part of noise has been added too.

Then if it was posible to obtain a serie of images "Live stacked" with a near correct exposure (i.e. 600seg accumulated), then you can pass these images by DSS in average and obtain a cleaner final image.

it can be as simple as one button "FOLLOW SEQUENCE" that stop the Live Stack, save the image, clear the sequence, and start to count the same numbers of correct frames again... and again until this button was released.

Regards