My Feature Suggestions

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Stub Mandrel

My Feature Suggestions

Post by Stub Mandrel »

I keep hearing the call of APT, but resist it as SharpCap keeps getting more features and delivering good results.

Using TeamViewer I'm able to manage imaging sessions from indoors and recover from most bad situations (typically PHD2 throwing a wobbly).

I would prefer to avoid scripting if possible, so in a perfect world I would like to be able to plan a session is SharpCap.

This is my wishlist:

Automatically generate and store focus offsets for all the filters on a filter wheel.

Take a sequence of exposures with different filters refocusing for each one using stored values.

Recognise clouded out subs and take extra subs to compensate.

Be able to slew to a bright star for refocusing with auto exposure, then resume.

Be able to issue dither commands to PHD2 between captures and wait until guiding again before next exposure.

Automatically change targets.

Detect when PHD2 loses a guide star and recentre with platesolve before resuming.

Automatically open my whisky bottle and pour me a shot on the completion of each target.

Not much to ask?
admin
Site Admin

Re: My Feature Suggestions

Post by admin »

Hi,

Some of those are things you will probably be able to do in the (much delayed) next version which will have a sequencing tool. Dithering is already available in live stacking mode, SharpCap will also monitor PHD2 in that mode and can be set up to pause the stacking if the guide star is lost and automatically resume when it is recovered.

I'm certainly looking at improvements to focusing at some point in the not-too-distant future, so handling focus offsets will probably be part of that.

Cheers, Robin