Livestack save as TIF option

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
MikeT

Livestack save as TIF option

Post by MikeT »

I'm finding the Livestack features very good but having the only stack save option as FITs format files is a pain. I'd like to have the option in the settings for Livestack to save as TIF - then I have one less step/conversion using these files with other software. Although I've tried FITs coverters I've not found a really good (free) one and if I try to work with the FITs files natively I get some strange results on loading (e.g. into Deep Sky Stacker) or FITs may not be supported at all (e.g. Affinity Photo).

I suppose looking at the question more widely it might also be good for an option to save the individual frames in other formats than PNG.

Thanks for a great program!
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Re: Livestack save as TIF option

Post by admin »

Hi,

The very latest versions of SharpCap 3.2 should save the individual frames in (in order of preference)

* The capture format chosen in the controls on the right-hand side – as long as it is not a video capture format and it can save images in the correct bit depth.

* The capture format specified as the default still capture format in the settings – again as long as it can save images in the correct bit depth.

Failing either of those two being suitable I think it falls back to PNG.

It sounds though as though you are more interested in the output format of either the 'save as 16 bit stack' or 'save as 32-bit stack' options. Which in particular?

Cheers, Robin
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Robin,
Thanks I'm using 3.2.6248 and will check those save options on the raw frame this evening - thanks for the tip.

But yes the main reason for posting was to be able to save the stack output, in partiuclar the 16-bit scaled stack option.

Mike
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

I upgraded to the latest code (6298) and confirmed the save RAW frames allows the various save options as you described.

Thanks,
Mike
vk4tnt

Post by vk4tnt »

Hi there,
I also agree that a save a DeBayered RAW as 32 bit TIF would make post processing much easier. Could you please add this feature.
Cheers,
Renato