FWHM in filename

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
mAnKiNd

FWHM in filename

Post by mAnKiNd »

Dear Robin,

Live Stack mode can measure (and filter) the FWHM in each frame. You can see those values under the alignment and FWHM tabs.

If it were possible to write that value in the filenaming nomenclature, amongst other uses, one could for example place the FWHM value first in the filename and then be able to sort all individually saved exposures in their folder by ascending/descending FWHM.

This would provide quick and easy access to sorting one's best frames for subsequent processing.

However, I imagine this would only be applicable to the 'Live Stack (Raw Frames)' row entry under filename settings.

Just a thought :)

Cheers,
Minos
timh

Re: FWHM in filename

Post by timh »

+1

Good idea. Just to add my vote for this - but maybe would need some multiple of the brightness score as well to provide a better overview of frame quality because I have noticed that dim frames can sometimes nevertheless give low FWHM scores?

Tim
admin
Site Admin

Re: FWHM in filename

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually this would be quite a tricky one because the code that saves the images to file and the code that measures things like FWHM are deliberately kept quite separate from each other (saving an image to file is critical whereas getting an FWHM reading is usually just a nice to have.).

Cheers, Robin