ADC tool

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
admin
Site Admin

Re: ADC tool

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, the averaging idea makes sense, although I haven't done that yet. Fortunately thanks to my friends at Altair Astro I now have an ADC on loan to test with. I can already see that there is a considerable amount of image shift as you rotate the prisms. How do you deal with that when adjusting?

Cheers, Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

It's been a while since I've done imaged planets but I think I learned roughly where to start based of where the planet was.

If it's really low I'd have it adjusted quite a bit. I learned to start with the knobs spread far apart knowing it would be somewhere around the further limit of the ADC. If the object was high in the sky it I'd start with the knobs adjusted a little way out knowing it would probably be around 10%-40% adjusted. I don't remember image shift being a huge problem though. Maybe that's because the image shift while focusing a SCT makes the ADC seem minor.

The ADC was definitely a tool that was frustrating at first but got easier with use.
RickBG

Post by RickBG »

Hi Robin,

I use Sharpcap Pro for all my deep sky imaging. As of lately, I'm into imaging planets where I use an ADC. For that reason I switched to Firecapture
in order to use their ADC tool which greatly facilitates the adjustment of focusing the RBG channels onto the camera chip preventing color smearing. It would be a godsend to incorporate an ADC tool to meet those needs. Thanks for your wonderful work.
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

+1
I have an ADC and till now it's the most frustrating/tricky thing to use of whole my set-up. Any guiding in this would be so good. Would even pay a bit more extra for it! ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

so this tool now definitely exists in SharpCap 3.3 – I'm hoping to have a publicly testable version out sometime late this month or early next month. Once it gets a bit more testing then I will be able to improve the UI of the ADC tool based on some feedback.

Cheers, Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Robin, thanks SO much! :)
Btw, if you need another beta tester .... :)

Menno
helder

Post by helder »

pergunta de iniciante... onde fica a ferramenta ADC no Sharpcap?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

make sure you have SharpCap 4.0 installed, then you will find it in the 'Tools' menu.

https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Tools

thanks,

Robin
helder

Post by helder »

I just purchased the PRO version Sharpcap
(v3.2.6482). that do not have the ADC alignment tool,
Do I have to buy Sharpcap 4.0 again or can I just upgrade from v3.2.6482 to 4.0?

thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the license is valid for upgrades, so no need just download and install the version 4.0 - all your settings including the license should automatically transfer from 3.2 into 4.0

cheers,

Robin