additional text info

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
padraigh

additional text info

Post by padraigh »

It can be confusing to new users (cough cough) when first starting up Sharpcap and connecting to a camera, to see nothing. By that I mean, if the last usage had 30s exposures, the image display appears black, and one thinks nothing is happening. A small information text note in the image area like "30s Image capture in progress" would cue the novice as to what was happening. (I know the small green progress strip at the bottom right does this, but that's not where my attention was when being flustered by no image appearing!) Automatically setting the exposure to something that would give a quick image would also work, but perhaps users wanting to continue a specific exposure sequence would object.

On a similar note, if the text info displayed "Saving image to .../...//" whenever a frame was being saved would be nice.

Regards,

PH