Abort current capture

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
orennahum

Abort current capture

Post by orennahum »

Hi,

Can you add an option (maybe a button) for aborting the current capture? The way it is now (as far as I know) if I'm capturing a long exposure and for some reason I want to cancel this capture I have two options, wait for the current capture to finish or change some of the setting, which causes the current capture to stop, and then change the setting back to the original setting. An option to abort the current capture will help in such cases.

Also, when using the live stacking, the is an option in guiding tab to stop the guiding if the guiding is lost. Again, if I'm capturing a long exposure image and the guiding is stoped for a long time period (specified by the user) and then resumes, it is possible that I would like to ignore this image and start capturing a new one. So an option to abort the current capture is guiding is lost for a specified time will also help in such cases.

Thanks
Oren
admin
Site Admin

Re: Abort current capture

Post by admin »

Hi,

This will be a feature of the still camera mode that will be coming in the next major version of SharpCap. Actually the guiding monitoring change might be simpler to bring to this version of SharpCap as I could use the same code which reduces the exposure to 1 second while dithering to reduce the exposure similarly if guiding is lost.

Cheers, Robin