Change window thumb color

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
padraigh

Change window thumb color

Post by padraigh »

I've noticed that it's quite difficult, at least for me, to see the thumbs in the window sliders at night - they have a very low contrast. I'd like to see a strong color to be able to use them easily when moving around a zoomed-in image.

PH
admin
Site Admin

Re: Change window thumb color

Post by admin »

Hi,

Just to be sure that we are both talking about the same thing, can you post a screenshot highlighting what you mean by the thumb.

Cheers, Robin
padraigh

Post by padraigh »

I mean the slider used at the edges of the windows that you grab with the cursor to position the contents
Attachments
thumb.png
thumb.png (261.39 KiB) Viewed 1485 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yeah I was afraid you meant that! Those turn out to be some of the hardest things to change the colour of – I haven't worked out a way yet without doing an enormous amount of changes :-(

Cheers, Robin
padraigh

Post by padraigh »

I also was afraid of that - was hoping it was a registry tweak.

P.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

You might be able to change it by playing around with the colour settings in Windows – the problem with that approach is that it applies to all applications, not just SharpCap, which is why I don't use that approach. You used to be able to make quite a lot of changes to system colours in Windows in older versions but that functionality seems to have been restricted recent versions.

Cheers, Robin