Hardware linked camera Profiles

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
nexusjeep

Hardware linked camera Profiles

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin,
Currently we have single tab in SharpCap for hardware such as filter wheel / mount / focuser... would it be possible at some point to be able to link these to camera profiles as in the future I will have two scopes that will be imaging on the same mount and will need to have two copies of SharpCap running and would currently have to alter the hardware on one once opened to alter the focus motor that it is using and then alter it back depending on which camera I am using at a later date. Likewise the one camera has no filter wheel, etc.

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hardware linked camera Profiles

Post by admin »

Hi Nick,

One plan that I've got that would cover this requirement is to have a way to have completely separate SharpCap profiles – this would allow you to have two or more shortcuts on your desktop to SharpCap that would run the program with different sets of settings that were independent of each other. I think this would cover your requirements.

Cheers, Robin
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Cheers Robin, Sounds like a potential solution in the future.
mAnKiNd

Post by mAnKiNd »

Hi Robin, that's kind of how SGPro works with it's profiles and one of the (many) reasons I prefer to use Sharpcap. I personally wouldn't like having this convoluting feature of loading seperate profiles, but I suppose others might..I like the face value of options that the Sharpcap UI offers, as it stands out from the rest in this manner. It gets messy with profiles for this target and that equipment etc...idk..maybe it's just me.
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

From what Robin has proposed if you did not want to use the feature then you would just launch SharpCap as you do now so don't really see a downside as you would either chose to use the feature or continue as now.

Cheers
Nick
mAnKiNd

Post by mAnKiNd »

You are correct :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes this would be something for advanced users who have multiple configurations attached to the same PC. Initially this would probally be done by some commandline parameters to specify an alternative profile name and it would be up to the end user to create an appropriate shortcut. Normal users would never need to know or worry about this feature.

Cheers, Robin