Quick settings buttons

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
chongo228

Quick settings buttons

Post by chongo228 »

Would it be possible to add about 4 settings buttons so I can quickly change exposure, gain, and offset/brightness settings? I'd set one for unity gain, one for my NB imaging exposure/gain, one for my focus/bahtinov mask, and one for my plate solve settings. I'd put one labeled "plate sovlve" that would be about 10 seconds at around 250 gain. When that was done I could just click a button to go back to unity gain or whatever exposure I put in. Another would be called "focus" and would be 3 seconds at 300 gain for my bahtinov mask, when I'm done with focus I could just click another preset button and go back to my imaging settings.

I find myself switching exposure/gain often during the night to the same settings back and forth....I think this could save time and stop me from forgetting to change offset/brightness like I always do.

I think I could currently do this with the camera profiles at the top but that seems a little long to set up.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Quick settings buttons

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think you can do most of the things that you want using the keyboard shortcuts – see this section of the documentation https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Keyboard%20Shortcuts

Cheers, Robin
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

I looked at those....I don't think they can do what I'm asking. Do the keyboards shortcuts do anything other than move the value up or down? I'm asking for a few buttons that could be programmed to a 3 values- off set, gain, and exposure time.

What I'm asking for is

Programmable button 1 = 60 second, gain 139, offset 21 (or whatever I want to set/image at that night)

Programmable button 2 = 1 second exposures at 250 gain for my bahtinov mask, I check focus often so this would save time

Programmable button 3 = might be my narrowband settings for current image, or what the brain suggested

Programmable button 4 = 10 second exposures with 300 gain for platesovling.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, okay

That's exactly what the capture profiles are designed for – set up each of the configurations that you want and press save as in the capture profile area to save a profile with a name describing the settings, then you can reload them quickly by selecting them from the drop-down and pressing load.

Admittedly it needs two actions (select from the drop-down and then click the Load button) rather than a single button press as you're suggesting, but it covers everything else that you're looking for.

Cheers, Robin