In/Out focus buttons in Focuser window

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
rederikus

In/Out focus buttons in Focuser window

Post by rederikus »

The title says it all really.

In the focus window I would love to see 2 or 4 buttons for In/Out, Slow/Fast [ << < > >> ] to manually move ASCOM focusers to initially move them to a start point for the image.

What do you think?

Pete
admin
Site Admin

Re: In/Out focus buttons in Focuser window

Post by admin »

Hi,

not sure how that is significantly different from the coarse/fine in/out controls that are there presently - https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Focuser%20Control

Robin
rederikus

Post by rederikus »

Robin,

I am obviously missing something. This will mainly be that I am very new to SharpCap. Yes, I have read the manual but as yet do not fully understand it. I need to used the tool and learn enough to ask questions.

Currently in 3.1 or 3.2 I only see the buttons in my attached pic.Image.

How do I get to see and use the buttons in the manual? I am not running EQMOD as yet, just ASCOM 6.4.0.2618.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Your attached image didn't show up for some reason, but I wonder if you need to look at this section of the manual in order to set up SharpCap to use your focuser? https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Hardware%20Tab

Alternatively, if you have already set that up and are trying to use the focus assistance tools (see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#(Nearl ... 20Focusing), then the idea is that you use those tools in conjunction with the buttons in the control panel on the right hand side (by default you may not see those as the 'Scope Controls' section of the controls may be collapsed.

Hope this helps, Robin
rederikus

Post by rederikus »

Here's the pic again https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... l_9L550FGM

I am seeing exactly what is in the manual and the Scan In or Out works. what I was looking for was a quick way to move the stepper motor in ot out manually to bring an image into near manual focus without triggering a scan which whilst accurate is quite slow.

Pete
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Still no joy with the photo – I get a 404 error when I click on that link.

There are a couple more ways that you can move the focuser quickly – in the focus graph where you have the scan buttons, you can right click on any point in the graph to tell the focuser to move to that point. Also in the focuser control section in the right hand control panel as well as using the up and down buttons you can also type the value into the position box and then press enter to make the focuser go to that value.

Hope that helps, Robin
rederikus

Post by rederikus »

Hmmm. Dunno what's wrong with the pic. However it is the same one as in the docs so I feel that I have it working right.

It would just have been nice to have had two or four buttons to move the focus in and out, slow and fast. All the rest I think I've got or tried. If I am the only person asking for this then the problem is me!

Thank you, as always for your help and brilliant programme.

Pete