recreate the brain

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
SgtBilko

recreate the brain

Post by SgtBilko »

At risk of asking for something you have already provided Robin (so apologies in advance :D :D )

I would like to be able to save the data graphs etc in the smart histogram "brain" for later analysis i.e. retrospectively examine settings which led to good and bad exposure/ gain combinations etc.

PS sorry to be a pain .... but I'm also looking forward frame oriented shooting with PHD dithering

Ian
admin
Site Admin

Re: recreate the brain

Post by admin »

Hi,

The graphs only depend on the characteristics of the camera (which don't change) and the background sky brightness (which can change). If you noted down the sky brightness for each observing session then you could and re-enter it (at least you could if I made the adjustment for that manual control more fine grained) and then get identical graphs to the ones that would have been created in the observing session. Does that make sense? There might even be something to say in favour of putting the sky brightness into the capture settings files if the brain measurement has been used.

As to the dithering with PhD2, someone pointed out that if you tell live stacking to save the raw frames and switch it to show the raw frames instead of showing the stack, then you can effectively get dithering now while capturing by using the live stacking dithering option and essentially ignoring the fact that it is stacking. You can also turn off the alignment option in the live stacking too.

Cheers, Robin