Feature Request - 'flip type' template

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
celkins

Feature Request - 'flip type' template

Post by celkins »

Robin,
not sure if this has been requested before, but I'd like to suggest a "Flip Type" template option in the file names section of settings.

Since SharpCap saves frames pre-processed by flipping, it would be very handy to be able to indicate this in the filename, otherwise it's not easily determined, but does have a significant impact when attempting post processing outside of SharpCap
Come to think of it, it could be useful to also be able to tell whether a frame had already had dark subtraction or flat frame division applied to it, either by name template option, or setting of some FITS header: is there a header for flip, BTW?

Thanks for consideration,
Carl
admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - 'flip type' template

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'll think about this one. I can see that it might be useful, but I don't want to end up adding every single possible camera control to the potential template parameters for file naming – I think the whole thing would become too confusing. Don't forget that all camera settings (including flip settings and dark/flat settings) are saved in the capture settings file that is stored alongside the captured frames, meaning that the information you need is only a double-click away.

Cheers, Robin