Night Mode Wishes

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
jdaliix

Night Mode Wishes

Post by jdaliix »

Greetings. I put the SharpCap feed into into a 40" plasma TV, and look at everything live. Captures are OK, but it's all about live for me. So everything is about having no light anywhere in the view but for the objects. In night mode, if you go full screen while live stacking, and then unpin the live stacking and camera controls panes, it leaves a 3" white stripe at the bottom and right of the screen, thus spoiling the view. To combat it, I tape black vinyl to the bottom and right of the screen to block it out, which I can continue to do barring a more efficient solution.

Question: is it possible to modify the software to make those black?
sharpcap1.jpg
sharpcap1.jpg (35.58 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
sharpcap2.jpg
sharpcap2.jpg (35.7 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Night Mode Wishes

Post by admin »

Hi,

A good question! I hadn't noticed those and it may be possible, so I will investigate.

Cheers, Robin
jdaliix

Post by jdaliix »

That would put some finishing touches on the SharpCap for me. I LOVE this program!
-- Jason
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I looked into this and it's one of those awkward things that would require an awful lot of code to be changed in the third party component that I use to do the docking windows. Although this component is open source, the amount of work needed is putting me off making changes to this at the moment. What I did notice was that the background colour for these areas seems to be taken from the windows system colours. What this means is that it may be that if you set up windows to use a dark background colour set (dark window backgrounds with light text), this may help those areas to become dark. I must admit I haven't tested this myself though.

Cheers, Robin
jdaliix

Post by jdaliix »

OK, Robin. Thanks for looking into it. I've come up with a couple physical solutions that actually get the job done well enough.

-- Jason