Applying flat post stack

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
festoon

Applying flat post stack

Post by festoon »

I was wondering if there is a way to apply a flat to an image afterwards.
I'm using Sharpcap live stack mode to create images using my Atik 414EX. After stretching the histogram I'm noticing a lot of vignetting to the image.
I have taken some flats using a twighlight sky. So I was wondering is there a way (in sharpcap or elsewhere) to apply these flats to the image retrospectively?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Applying flat post stack

Post by admin »

Hi,

You can do this sort of thing in plenty of Astro processing software or you could fudge it in SharpCap by loading the stacked image into either the testing camera or the folder Monitor camera and selecting a flat to apply to it.

Remember that this won't work as well as applying a flat to each frame – it will help with the vignetting but will give hit and miss results for any dust specks because the individual frames have been moved and rotated as they stackthe flat will not align perfectly with the stacked image.

Cheers, Robin