Ignored images save

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
nexusjeep

Ignored images save

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin,
I was imaging the past couple of nights and use the live stack feature to see what I am getting as an indicator of the images. I also use the align frames option as an indication of guiding and the FWHM feature per frame in the live stack tab as a good indicator of focus change for temperature at the scope. As I stack my images through APP after acquisition I was wondering if the code could be altered if save individual frames is ticked.

The reason for this is over the past three nights I have had it ignore 10 -12 frames per night at 3 minute exposures and other than the no alignment found message in the log box have no idea why. Also looking at the FWHM values there is no obvious reason so I suspect they may possibly be good frames, the couple I looked at in the FWHM tab of live stack were 3.3 stacked, 3.2 ignored and then 3.4 stacked.

My thinking was that if they are ignored so not added to the live stack could you still output the individual frame with perhaps "_ignored" appended to the end of the frame so that they could be used if they were in fact good or be used to get some indication of what the issue was.

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ignored images save

Post by admin »

Hi Nick,

I like the idea of the separation of the ignored frames by filename. Perhaps they could even go into a separate folder.

Cheers, Robin
nexusjeep

Re: Ignored images save

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin,
The separate folder idea would be even better that way it would be easier to scan through them to either decide they are actually good or to use to help diagnose what caused the issue as you could quite easily blink between them with a viewer to try and spot a change.

Cheers
Nick