Profile manager

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
calan

Profile manager

Post by calan »

Add an option to only show profiles for currently selected camera
admin
Site Admin

Re: Profile manager

Post by admin »

How about just making the currently active camera be in bold text in the manager so it's easy to pick out - since the manager has a tree view you can easily focus on the correct selection of profiles.

In the profile dropdown I could do bold for profiles for the selected camera, which would give a nice consistency to the UI.

cheers,

Robin
calan

Post by calan »

Well the extra profiles are already shown with the camera name in parenthesis. I was just hoping to cut down on the size of the list and simplify things.

I can't see a reason to have anything other than the current camera shown, as it would be really rare that two cameras would share gain, offset, etc. And you can't load saved darks, flats, etc. anyway. When testing it, I've never been able to load one camera's profile into another one without getting an error of some kind.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

UI tweaks to latest build to make it easier to spot which profiles apply to the current camera.

I still favour showing all profiles as if you have multiple cameras from the same manufacturer then the bulk of the settings are applicable to all of them.

cheers,

Robin
calan

Post by calan »

I only have a ZWO ASI120MM and a ASI224MC... about as similar as they can get, and I've never been able to share a profile between them. :)

On a semi related topic, another suggestion or two for the profile manager...

1. Add a right-click menu for renaming and deleting a profile in the profile manager.
2. Show the full path to the profiles in the manager's top bar.
3. Add the ability to sort profiles by modified date