Object of interest Centering / Framing

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
nexusjeep

Object of interest Centering / Framing

Post by nexusjeep »

Would it be feasible to incorporate the ability in Sharpcap to centre an indicated point in the image to the centre of the shot by issuing a command to the mount. In a similar way to the plate solving function although in this instance it would not be a sync command just a move.

I currently use Stellarium to get the location data and send this to the mount and then perform the plate solve and sync within Sharpcap, which puts the selected location at centre view. This may not be the best framing of the object so then requires choosing a different star in Stellarium to get somewhere close and then manual movement with the telescope controls and then re activating tracking. It would be really cool to be able to indicate this point on the live image that had been captured already.

Unless this feature is already there and I have somehow missed it.

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Object of interest Centering / Framing

Post by admin »

Hi Nick,

let me be sure I am understanding you correctly - the idea is something like

right click on a point in the view and choose 'center here' from the right click menu

that would then plate solve (or similar) and put the chosen point in the center of the field-of-view.

Is that the idea?

cheers,

Robin
nexusjeep

Re: Object of interest Centering / Framing

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin,
Yes that is precisely the idea as it means you can almost point and shoot excuse the pun.

Cheers
Nick