Undo last stack

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
roelb

Undo last stack

Post by roelb »

It would be interesting to have the possibility to undo the last stack.
Thanks.
Roel
Celestron Nexstar Evolution 8 - Celestron Nexstar 6 SE - StarSense
ZWO ASI533MC-Pro -- ZWO ASI533MM-Pro
39N84W

Re: Undo last stack

Post by 39N84W »

Yes it would. Sometime a satellite or plane goes through the frame during live stacking. "Undo Stack" !
roelb

Post by roelb »

I have not received a reply to this topic?
Roel
Celestron Nexstar Evolution 8 - Celestron Nexstar 6 SE - StarSense
ZWO ASI533MC-Pro -- ZWO ASI533MM-Pro
JimsShed

Post by JimsShed »

As suggested, I'm assuming you'd want to do this to remove bad subs.
Also you don't say whether your use case is EAA or acquisition for later processing.
For the latter, you just need to tick the box to save every image and manually sort through the set during processing.

For EAA, yes it can be annoying to see your 20 minute accumulation scarred by a satellite etc.
The only workaround I can see at the moment is, as a contingency, to tick that box to save every image, then if it goes bad, stop auto-stacking, get into the file system and remove the bad subs, then re-stack the good subs using the File Monitor "camera". Unfortunately, I don't think you can then bring that newly stacked image back into a continuation of the live stacking process.
Jim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The other option right now is to use the sigma clipped stacking option which will reject things like satellite trails after the first 10 frames or so because the bright pixels on the trail are statistically too different to the pixel values built up so far in that position .

I do like the idea of the undo option however, so it might make it for a future version.

Cheers, Robin