Drift Log

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Adun

Drift Log

Post by Adun »

The Live Stacking feature has a nice drift tab which shows rotational and positional drift.

It'd be interesting if this was saved to a log file that we could then analyze later.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Drift Log

Post by admin »

Not saved to a file, but the info is in the 'Log' tab of the live stacking, which you could copy/paste (CTRL+A to select all, CLTR+C to copy) and then process.

cheers,

Robin
Adun

Post by Adun »

Oh I see there's a new feature called "Feature Tracking" in 3.1 Pro!

I'll try it to see if it works for what I intend to do.

I wanted the drift logs to do some basic guiding. Short exposures don't really need guiding, but over time the view does shift, producing field rotation and stacking artifacts, specially when polar alignment is poor (as it often is for those of us with no sight of either pole). A Guidescope + second camera would be overkill for this, so the drift log seemed a more reasonable solution.

Does the experimental "Feature Tracking" of SC3.1 work with 4 second exposures and stars? (as opposed to lunar craters or planet features)?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

no I wouldn't expect the feature tracking to work with stars and long exposures, sorry.

Robin