Hardware information

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
jmgoldba

Hardware information

Post by jmgoldba »

Our group is evaluating SharpCap.

Any chance of saving hardware states in the information file? There are several standard-ish keywords in the FITS header (e.g. http://diffractionlimited.com/sbig-fits ... tsext-1-0/) that give a clue what I'm referring to, and if FITS was selected you shouldn't need a corresponding text file.

Jesse
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hardware information

Post by admin »

Hi Jesse,

thanks for the suggestion - which keywords are most important to you? SharpCap already includes a number of header fields in the FITS file including

EXPTIME
XPIXSZ
YPIXSZ
XBINNING
YBINNING
CCD-TEMP
SWCREATE
DATE-OBS
INSTRUME

when the information is available to support them (for instance some cameras do not report temperature or pixel size, so these may be unknown and therefore missing).

cheers,

Robin
jmgoldba

Re: Hardware information

Post by jmgoldba »

Thank you for getting back. Since SharpCap is additionally able to connect to an ASCOM mount, filter wheel and focuser I'm interested in the keywords for those devices. I've attached a csv file that lists SBIGFITS and/or MaxIm DL defined keywords as well as the relevant ASCOM property and description. Some of them, especially for the camera are already included (e.g. binning and pixel size). I'm not necessarily requesting all of them but if you're talking ASCOM and there's a property returned it'd be nice. In addition I'd like to see keywords for the following CameraSettings.txt file entries:

Code: Select all

FITS      txt

CMOSGAIN  Gain
GAMMA     Gamma
OFFSET    Offset
Thanks again,
Jesse
Attachments
SharpCapFITS_KW.csv
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 154 times