Ascom driver for Nikon & Canon cameras

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
cuivenion

Re: Ascom driver for Nikon & Canon cameras

Post by cuivenion »

Once I removed the hung/crashed instances of Sharpcap the comms error went away. Unfortunately the original error is back. I tried restarting camera, diffferent USB port etc but I coiuldn't get it to work.

I've noticed that the camera is still taking three exposures when trying to start, not one like you mentioned in the latest driver.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmm, I will have to test on another PC - maybe something I have already done on my main PC is making it work for me but it is having trouble on a fresh PC.

cheers,

Robin
dbunna2

Post by dbunna2 »

As an FYI

Downloaded the new DSLR ASCOM this morning as well as the latest V3.2. I'm using a Canon T2i and once I connect it starts taking preview pictures and doesn't stop. I can have SC3.2 take a series of images that are saved, but after the series the preview pictures continue until I turn off the camera or quit SC.

The preview pictures are being saved to /Pictures/ASCOM_DSLR/ as CR2 raws along with the the captured images in my specified directory. When capturing png or TIFF format things work, but selecting fits gives me a message about possible images that are too large to save or full disk and stops.
Dobsonion

Post by Dobsonion »

Any updates? I'm excited to try a relatively stable beta version with my Canon 5DmkIII (modded).
BTW, TheSkyX is now beta testing a Live Stacking capability. I'd prefer SC.
Brian
gilbertonp

Post by gilbertonp »

Hello, same requirement, I would like to test it with my Canon 6D. I post a message to https://github.com/vtorkalo/ASCOM.DSLR who is at the origin og the DSLR driver but no answer since 30 October.
gilbertonp

Post by gilbertonp »

Hello all, Vladimir has just released a new version with minor bug correction on his site:
https://github.com/vtorkalo/ASCOM.DSLR .
vestkot

Post by vestkot »

gilbertonp wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:05 pm Hello all, Vladimir has just released a new version with minor bug correction on his site:
https://github.com/vtorkalo/ASCOM.DSLR .
Sorry for my eng, i search the method how i can connect my dslr 600d to sharpcat and found this thread, after updating on your`s link to github and launh it, it works! but only for first launch, every next time i try to launch, i saw next error -
disposing of locked buffer - Void HandleDisposedBuffer(SharpCap.Base.Memory.IMemoryBuffer) @ SharpCap.Base.Memory.MappedBufferFactory+MemoryManager

Does i trully understand - that in this moment we need to wait a sharpcap dev`s fix this, or no?
thnx for read my bad text ;)
Naji

Post by Naji »

Can someone advise which ASCOM driver is working with V3.2.

I tried both, the latest from Vlad and the one from this forum and had issues with both...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

A user on cloudy night's has reported that they have been able to get things to work successfully and have written up their step-by-step instructions here

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6574 ... th-a-dslr/

I haven't tested these myself, but it's great to hear that people are getting this to work.

Cheers, Robin