Request remember window sizes

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
celkins

Request remember window sizes

Post by celkins » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Robin,
would it be difficult to:-
a) make opening of the main window at full screen size, or last used size, or less than full screen, a user selection option, please?
b) remember the width set for the Camera control panel, when it's configured to auto-hide (between invocations, that is - I find the default width rather too small)?

Thanks,
Carl

admin
Site Admin

Re: Request remember window sizes

Post by admin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:24 am

Hi Carl,

SharpCap already does a) - at least it does for me, and I've just taken a look at the code that does it by remembering whether it is Maximised or not and if not the location/size of the window when you shut down. These values are used on the next startup.

I think it should be fairly easy to remember the auto-hide width of the control panel - I will put it on the to-do list.

cheers,

Robin

celkins

Post by celkins » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Hi, Robin,
sorry for the delay in responding: I checked your reply to (a), and it does, so long as it's on my primary screen, but I run 2 copies open on my second screen (one for each camera), so I guess when I close these down, it tries to make sense of the numbers, and they're a bit awkward (it's a 4K monitor).

Any way to stop it doing this?
Thanks for considering (b).

Betas are great, BTW, thanks.

Carl

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi Carl,

ah, I see - that's a bit more complicated I think. I am planning on trying to improve support for 4k monitors in 3.3, so will keep that in mind. For now I did put in some code to try to remember the autohide width - try out the latest beta when you get a chance.

cheers,

Robin

celkins

Post by celkins » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Thanks, Robin