new command line version of ASTAP

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
stash

new command line version of ASTAP

Post by stash »

HI Robin / All,

ASTAP have brought out a CLI version of ASTAP which is supposed to be faster can gets rid of the baggage(displays in a little) when just using it for Platesolving. Unfortunately it seems not to work totally as ASTAP CLI needs the FOV stored somewhere. It would be nice and hopefully beneficial (will be faster ?)

if Sharpcap could be altered to work with the CLI version correctly that would be great IMO :-)

This is the note on ASTAP site
"astap_cli (v0.9.512a), barebone command-line solver compatible with the GUI version if renamed. No pop-up notifier. Will not accept raw files and will not work with SharpCap since FOV is not stored."

Attached log but dont think it will help much. I just renamed the ASTAP.exe to ASTAP_GUI.exe and ASTAP_CLI.exe to ASTAP.EXE

Many thanks
Attachments
astap_cli-sharpcaptest.txt
(62.53 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: new command line version of ASTAP

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the heads up on this. I think it might work in the end if you wait long enough as SharpCap runs Astap twice - the first time relying on the saved FOV and the second time asking it to search over a range of FOVs. Not ideal anyway.

I will put this on my to-do list – I already have a plan to have some way to enter the field-of-view which will be necessary to support this.

Cheers, Robin
stash

Post by stash »

HI Robin.

Look forward to the change .

And no you dont want to "just wait" for it to Solve and rerun - takes too long sometimes.

Many thanks.
han59

Post by han59 »

I don't how far this has been introduced in SharpCap, but note that in the command-line version astap_cli a bug in reading the -fov parameter was found and fixed. So download the latest astap_cli for testing.

Clear skies, Han
author of ASTAP