Start Capture

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
H. Wm. Gimple

Start Capture

Post by H. Wm. Gimple »

Hello SharpCap Forum,
I suggest you consider making the following addition to SharpCap:
Start Capture
Select Capture Limit
Single Frame
Unlimited
Number of Frames
Time Limit
Start Capture Time
The addition of “Start Capture Time” to the “Start Capture’s” other four options will make timed captures more accurate and easier to use. The combination of “Start Capture Time” and “Time Limit” could be specified several minutes before the event start time, no need to set in front of the computer monitor staring at that UTC display with a finger on the mouse on track pad ready to hit start.
I am currently using SharpCap Pro (V3.2.6482), and I’m very pleased with this version. It would be even better with that “Start Capture Time” feature.
Cheers,
Bill Gimple
admin
Site Admin

Re: Start Capture

Post by admin »

Hi Bill,

thanks for the suggestion - I'm not adding new features at the moment as I am concentrating on releasing SharpCap 4.0 and fixing as many bugs as possible, but I will note this idea down for a future update.

Note that you can achieve this in SharpCap 4.0 using the sequencer tool, but it is a more complicated way to do it than your idea : https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#The%20 ... e%20Editor

cheers,

Robin
H. Wm. Gimple

Re: Start Capture

Post by H. Wm. Gimple »

Hi Robin,
Thank you for considering adding "Start Capture Time" to a future version of SharpCap.
Cheers,
Bill