Offline Smart Histogram Brain Analysis

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
mAnKiNd

Offline Smart Histogram Brain Analysis

Post by mAnKiNd »

I think the Smart Histogram Brain analysis is one of the most wonderful tools in Sharpcap, amongst many. Because of this, I feel it would be very useful to be able to access recommended exposures without having a camera connected, since one can input their sky brightness and have the analysis generate recommendations respective to the selected parameters. This would be helpful when away from your rig or for previewing the capabilities of other camera models.

I understand this may require a certain level of redesigning the module to perhaps include a drop down menu of the cameras in the Sensor Library folder, so I'm not sure as to how easy something like this would be to implement.

Just a thought, thanks for your consideration.
Minos
ippiu

Re: Offline Smart Histogram Brain Analysis

Post by ippiu »

Yes, i'm interested too in this function to have off line brain smart histogram.

And i often would like to have more options in e/pixel/s menù to choose from: expecially below 1, each 0,1 step means a big amount of longer exposure time needed. (expecially from 3% to 1% read noise)
e/pixel/s
maybe 0,5
IOptron Cem40 + Apo 115 f7 + Asi533 Pro + Asiair Pro + Optolong L-eNhance + L-Pro 2"
mAnKiNd

Post by mAnKiNd »

I do however understand that different types of filters differentially impact sky brightness and would make it trickier to account for such differences.
barnold84

Post by barnold84 »

+1 from me.

I'd love this feature as well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

adding that sort of calculation would (as suggested) be quite a lot of work, so it is going to be something to think about in the long term rather than something that can happen now...

On the plus side, SharpCap 4.0 already has much finer control for the entry of a sky brightness level - you can adjust in increments of 0.25 e/pix/s or type in your own value.

If you haven't seen it before, there is an online calculator I made that works out the sky brightness based on camera pixel size, filter choice, bortle number, etc - https://tools.sharpcap.co.uk/

cheers,

Robin