Aurora

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
admin
Site Admin

Aurora

Post by admin »

Wow! After waiting over 30 years to see a naked-eye aurora, not only do we get one here in Oxfordshire, but it's naked-eye visible right at the zenith... None of this 'a bit of a glow on the northern horizon' lark.

As well as getting outside and taking some photos with my phone camera, I had the all-sky camera running, which did a pretty good job. This video is unedited except to remove a couple of frames spoint by a security light coming on nearby.

Phone cameras also do a surprisingly good job on capturing the aurora, as many people have found out. I have a Pixel phone, so the camera is good and the software for it is great, particularly at low light imaging. Here's a selection...

Early on, with the Aurora still to the north and predominantly green

these are linked (hopefully) direct through to google photos - should work properly for everyone I think...

cheers,

Robin
kaymann

Re: Aurora

Post by kaymann »

Thank you for sharing!
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Cool shot Robin!!
I did see it here too in the night of Friday to Saturday and my mouth was open the whole time. Even teared up, so much it impressed me.
And no desire to capture it whatsoever: it was 40 minutes of just witnessing this with my own eyes :D

Menno
timh

Post by timh »

Jealous! I missed it. Great photos