NGC 7380 - Sh2-142 Wizard Nebula / Ha b/w

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
Menno555

NGC 7380 - Sh2-142 Wizard Nebula / Ha b/w

Post by Menno555 »

Despite very faint, very high wispy clouds, I took my changes and gathered 6.5 hours (39 x 600 seconds) of the Wizard Nebula with the Optolong L-eXtreme filter last week.
Probably because of that and/or because I'm in the middle of a city with Bortle 6/7, I got almost no OIII in the capture. Nevertheless good data.
I did some experimenting with color channels, a kind of alternative Hubble Palet in this case and that gave me a green/yellow capture with a lot of detail. So decided to convert that into black and white to show it even better.
For me this is my best capture and processing so far :)

I am going to do a color version but I want to add broadband data to it, most likely with the L-Pro. At least I want to included the small white nebula part.

Below is the small version for the forum, the 2500px version can be found here: https://i.ibb.co/f013dhG/NGC7380-Ha-BW.jpg

Bortle 6/7
Meade LX200 8" f/10 ACF OTA
Ioptron CEM25EC mount (no guiding)
Optolong L-eXtreme filter
Zwo ASI071MC Pro camera

Captured with SharpCap Pro @ -10 Celsius / White balance R50 B50
39 x 600 sec / Gain 200/ Offset 10

Stacked with DeepSkyStacker

Processed with Siril and Photoshop
Siril: auto Histogram, RGB split channels.
Photoshop: placed RGB in empty image color channels, Camera Raw Filter (blacks, highlights, lights, clarity, noise reduction). Converted to black/white, small contrast corrections.
Size reduction to 2500px.

NGC7380-Ha_BWsm.jpg
NGC7380-Ha_BWsm.jpg (497.55 KiB) Viewed 1623 times