vdB 130 in Cygnus - a successful failure

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
Menno555

vdB 130 in Cygnus - a successful failure

Post by Menno555 »

vdB 130 in Cygnus
The Netherlands, Bortle 7/8

This is actually a failed success ... or successful fail. The combination of my scope, reducer and camera is causing too much troubles.
A lot of deformation on the edges, traveling a lot towards the center. I could crop but then I have to crop a lot.
And with normal skies (Bortle 7/8 in the middle of a city) my corrector plate is captured.
Couple of nights ago, the view was excellent though (that happens very rarely), so it's almost not visible here. The circular form here in this capture is mostly part of the structure.

Successful ... well, if I look at the capture, I am in awe of the whole structure there There's the obvious deformation (also some color deformation) caused by the reducer, but still ...

vdB 130 is in the middle upper right plus some reflection nebulae are there too. Captured with the Optolong L-Pro filter and (like usual) no guiding.
Will come here again for sure but then without reducer and a L-Pro / L-eNhance blend.

Meade LX65 8" f/10 ACF OTA
Ioptron CEM25EC mount (no guiding)
Optolong L-Pro filter
Optec Lepus Standard 0.62x reducer
Zwo ASI294MC Pro camera

Captured with SharpCap Pro @ -10 degrees Celsius / Gain 120 / Offset 4 / White balance R50/B50
113 x 90 seconds

Stacked in DeepSkyStacker 113 lights + 40 darks + 100 flats + 100 dark flats

Processed in Photoshop: Levels, Curves, Shadows/Highlights, star reduction (experiment), color strengthening. Astronomy Tools actions: contrast enhancement, noise reduction.

donstim

Re: vdB 130 in Cygnus - a successful failure

Post by donstim »

Pretty cool shot. Thanks for posting it.
Menno555

Re: vdB 130 in Cygnus - a successful failure

Post by Menno555 »

Thanks Don!
I had a small hope that it maybe had something to do with stacking, but nope.