A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.
Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
- Posts: 887
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:13 pm
- Location: UK
A recent capture of Saturn (July 16th 2017):
Celestron C8, CG5 mount, ASI120MC camera, no filters or barlow, Lenovo T400 laptop.
For this camera and planet capture, Brightness=0 (to get histogram to 'whale' shape), Gamma=50 (ZWO recommendation).
- Adjust exposure until RHS of histogram at 80%
- Autostakkert, 17 APs, sharpen selected, best 66% frames stacked
- Registax, used sharpened _conv.tif file, RGB balance -> Auto Balance, no wavelets
The attached Saturn-x2.png
is a Registax resize to 200% of the above. My ZWO ADC has arrived from the USA, so I can start looking at the colour fringing issue now.
At 53 degrees N, Saturn is about 16 degrees above the horizon for me.
- saturn-x2.png (54.94 KiB) Viewed 967 times
- (602 Bytes) Downloaded 89 times
- Posts: 456
- Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:37 pm
- Location: New York
Thanks for all the details, Dave.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 pm
Thanks for sharing.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest