Markarian's Chain

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
nexusjeep

Markarian's Chain

Post by nexusjeep »

Miracles never cease this is the integration from the second night as we had two evenings in a row that had no cloud and low winds, this time went with 90s 200g after the previous evening and the amount of time it takes to stack 400 frames in APP so a lower frame count this time only 165 taken and of those 110 used after sorting on quality in APP.

No light pollution filter was used again so this is straight from telescope to sensor. I used the light pollution routine in APP as there was a slight gradient running from bottom right towards top left due to security lights in one of the neighbours garden and the target is low to medium in the sky.

Captured Frames Lights x 165, Darks x 50, Bias x100, Flats x100, Dark Flats x100 although reduced lights still 24GB of data normally would not need the 100 bias frames but had not shot at 200g before which would have saved 5GB.

Equipment
Avalon M-UNO Synscan Mount
Skywatcher ED72 Guide telescope + Altair 290MM Guide Cam + Sesto Senso focus motor
APM LZOS 130/780 + M/R 1x Flattener so F6 + ZWO EAF focus motor
ASI2600MC Pro Main Imaging Camera at 200g -10c Black level 12 20s exposures
Pegasus Ultimate Powerbox V2 to run everything.
Software SharpCap, Astro Pixel Processor, Photoshop CS2020

Markarians Chain 110 x 90s integration time 9900s / 165mins Bortle 5 Sky 0% moon

Image_2020_03_35_Markarians_Chain_200g_110x90s_BL12_-10C by Nick Davis, on Flickr

Cheers
Nick
umasscrew39

Re: Markarian's Chain

Post by umasscrew39 »

There you go... excellent! Perfect example for using this wide-frame camera. Well done! Agree- ditch the LP filters.

Bruce
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Nick, an other excellent result! The 2600 is really showing it's value.

Now if we could convince "someone" that owns a 2600 to attempt some live stacking with and without calibration frames and show their results. Several folks are thinking of getting this camera. I've found out through some folks at NSN that there's a rumor of a delay in the next batch of 2600 and 533 from ZWO. Not due to the current crisis but due to some changes to these cameras.

In any event awesome results, look forward to your next batch!
-Chris
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Hey Chris

Not just a rumor- looks like several more months delay due to some QC concerns. The 533 is an incredible camera and glad I have it. I had the 2600 on order but cancelled it due to the recent comments from ZWO via OPT and Agena Astro. OPT actually told me no timeline at all now. Will be interesting to see how this camera and the 6200 fair over time.

Bruce
mAnKiNd

Post by mAnKiNd »

Super!
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Thanks for the comments hopefully no quality control issues with the one I have it has had a good test when I originally had it as I spent three days straight taking dark frames to build a library that I am still expanding and it never missed a beat so hopefully no gremlins to come.

Chris, I will look to shoot some live stacks with and without calibration frames as I live stack anyway even though I process again afterwards assuming the British weather plays ball if not if we are only going to get a short clear spell I can have a play and post the results.

Cheers
Nick