IC443 Jellyfish Nebula

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
nexusjeep

IC443 Jellyfish Nebula

Post by nexusjeep »

Actually had a clear night so got to image for the first time in 2020 actually the first opportunity since the end of November as the weather has been awful. Had a non eventful session for a change as nothing went wrong which saying it means that the next time everything will go pear shaped.

Equipment
Avalon M-UNO mount + EQDirect cable
APM LZOS 780/130 refractor + Riccardi 0.75x Flattener/Reducer
Altair 60mm Guidescope + GPCAM290MM Guide Camera
Imaging Camera ASI1600MM-Pro at -20c
Filters 6nm Astronomik Ha / Oiii / Sii
Software Sharpcap Pro/ PHD2 / Stellarium / EQMOD / Astro Pixel Processor + Photoshop CC

Exposures Ha 40 x 180s / Oiii 40 x 180s / Sii 46 x 180s gain set to 300 offset at 50 dithered every four frames.

Integration total included time 6 hours 18 minutes based on the best 80% stacked using APP

Bortle 4.5 - 5.0

Image_20_01_17-IC443 Jellyfish Nebula Ha_x40_Oiii_x40_Sii_x46_180s_300g_6h_18m by Nick Davis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
Nick
oopfan

Re: IC443 Jellyfish Nebula

Post by oopfan »

Very nice, Nick!

It was on my to-do list but due to my small FOV it would have required two panels. It is rapidly becoming meridian-challenged but I don't have an unobstructed view of the west. It will have to wait until next year.

Brian
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Thanks Brian,
I am lucky in that sense as other than houses and the observatory is towards the middle of the surrounding homes I am unobstructed for 360 degrees and when the telescope lifts out of the roof on the frame I made it is about 10 ft up in the air so I get a reasonable amount of sky. Also with the new mount I can track fully east to west or west to east without having to do a meridian flip so once on a target it just continuously tracks all night.

Cheers
Nick
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Nice image Nick.

Dave