IC410 The Tadpoles

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
nexusjeep

IC410 The Tadpoles

Post by nexusjeep »

Well we had a clear night after nearly two months of cloud so having remembered how to get everything working had an imaging session, the Ecco dew control played up so lost 30 minutes when everything dewed up it took a while to warm the triplet so had time to drink more red wine, but got going again afterwards.

Equipment
Avalon M-UNO mount + EQDirect cable
APM LZOS 780/130 refractor + Riccardi 0.75x Flattener/Reducer
Altair 60mm Guidescope + GPCAM290MM Guide Camera
Imaging Camera ASI1600MM-Pro at -20c
Filters 6nm Astronomik Ha / Oiii / Sii
Software Sharpcap Pro/ PHD2 / Stellarium / EQMOD / Astro Pixel Processor + Photoshop CC

Exposures Ha 41 x 180s / Oiii 30 x 180s / Sii 33 x 180s gain set to 200 offset at 50 dithered every four frames.

Combined HA =R OIII = G SII =B

Integration total included time 312 minutes based on the best 80% stacked using APP

Bortle 4.5 - 5.0

Image_19_12_29 - IC410 The Tadpoles Ha x 41 Oiii x 30 Sii x 33 180S 200G 312 mins by Nick Davis, on Flickr

Thanks for Looking
Nick
umasscrew39

Re: IC410 The Tadpoles

Post by umasscrew39 »

Looks like the wine helped :lol:

Congrats, Nick! Great color and clarity. The ASI1600mm Pro is a terrific camera.

Bruce
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Thanks Bruce the wine helps mellow out the mood when things go pear shaped like all the optics dewing up :D
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Nick

I see Tadpoles! It looks like you have a decent set of data there. Have you considered experimenting with SHO or HOO?

Dave
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Dave,
Thanks for comment, I have had a quick play with transposing the channels and have linked an image below of what I get this is a little rough and ready I only put HA a in blue for the one as it tends to dominate and just looks weird. The other option would be to cross bleed between filters to create modified layers or create a super luminance layer via all three may have a play at some point. The second option would be to collect more data in Oiii and Sii to up the contribution or I could play with the luminosity levels in APP to tone down Ha or up Oiii/Sii

In the image below the top left is my original posted image

ImageIC410 Colour Test by Nick Davis, on Flickr

Cheers
Nick