Nebulae in H-alpha, part 1

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
umasscrew39

Nebulae in H-alpha, part 1

Post by umasscrew39 »

Had a decent night with above average transparency & seeing but 98% moon illumination. So, time for the Astrodon H-alpha filter with a ZWO ASI 1600MM Pro cooled at -10; gain 300. Taken with a C11" EdgeHD @f/7 and stacked 300s x 4 (20 min total exposures) using PHD2 guiding.
Attachments
Crab Nebula_.jpg
Crab Nebula_.jpg (828.62 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
Bubble Nebula_.jpg
Bubble Nebula_.jpg (963.61 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
Helix Nebula_.jpg
Helix Nebula_.jpg (764.68 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
turfpit

Re: Nebulae in H-alpha, part 1

Post by turfpit »

Nice images Bruce. Ha filter is a good way to use the big moon period. Tracking looks good, the C11 must be a severe test of everything being correctly set. If you capture some OIII you should have the makings of some interesting HOO images.

Dave
umasscrew39

Re: Nebulae in H-alpha, part 1

Post by umasscrew39 »

Thanks much, Dave. Yes- getting the C11 to play nice along with PHD, OAG, the dew issue we already discussed, etc. has made it a challenge (sometimes fun, sometimes not so fun)- especially being 12ft off of the ground. After about 12 months, I have just about everything automated so rarely need to go up top except to change a lens, filters or camera. Good thing of an observatory is polar alignment and collimation are rarely needed as the scope is solidly in place. I tried OIII last night on the Bubble N but clouds rolled in. Will try again and see if I can get a nice palette out of it.